MBTI (The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®)
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® is the world’s most trusted personality tool and effective to improve the performance of individual’s, teams and organisations. For over seventy years the MBTI® has assisted individuals to gain awareness about themselves and how they interact with others along with valuable information about how they communicate, learn and work. The MBTI® demonstrates strong psychometric properties, including high levels of validity and reliability.
The benefits of the MBTI® are:
- Improve individual and team performance and effectiveness,
- Develop individual leadership,
- Enhance understanding of stress management,
- Develop clear communication and problem solving,
- Reduce workplace conflict,
- Career guidance.
The Features of the MBTI®
- Identifies an individual’s preferences for Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I), Sensing (S) or Intuition (N), Thinking (T) or Feeling (F), and Judging (J) or Perceiving (P) – indicated by a four-letter type ‘code’. Click here to see the different individual preferences.
- Summarises underlying patterns common to most people of a particular type – providing information about the 16 possible combinations of preferences, or personality types, and exploring the dynamic interactions of the preferences and their order of development.
- Leverages a variety of learning methods, including interactive exercises, group work, practise sessions and individual coaching.
- Offers supporting materials to help with a variety of applications: team development, leadership development, communication skills, problem solving and decision making, career exploration and stress management.
- Can be used to enhance personal and team development.
- Provides various formats: online or paper, to meet your specific needs and budget.
- Offers a range of reports that relate type to specific application areas.
- Team Development –provides a description of the group’s type, its strengths, weaknesses and problem-solving and conflict management styles and offers a personalised action plan to improve team productivity.
- Leadership Development – by linking type with leadership behaviour provides practical suggestions for executives, managers and supervisors who want to increase their leadership effectiveness while discovering self-imposed barriers to development.
- Executive Coaching – enables individual’s to optimise their success at work.
- Communication – provides a framework for understanding an individual’s natural communication style and that of others.
- Problem solving and decision making – individuals become better decision makers by alerting them to their decision-making strengths, potential challenges and areas for development.
- Career Exploration – how their type affects their career exploration and discusses the benefits of choosing a job that is good for their type.
- Stress Management – recognise the circumstances or events that are likely to trigger stress reactions and provides information and tips on how to deal most effectively with the challenges they present.
- Healthcare providers – to improve the quality of their service and thereby increase patients’ satisfaction with their care.
Benefits of MBTI® Workshops
- Improve participant’s understanding of their personality type and behaviour,
- Build stronger relationships within the team,
- Enhance effective communication and understanding between team members,
- Develop positive awareness of individual differences within the team,
- Reduce workplace conflict and improve team performance.
Team Building Workshops
Participants take the MBTI® assessment online before the workshop and receive their MBTI® report at the workshop. Participants are invited to share their personality type with their team members and participate in a variety of interactive activities to further understand individual and team personality types.
Workshops can be customised to a full or half day workshop and tailored to the specific outcomes required for your organisation. Please contact Yarra Psychology to discuss the specific requirements for your learning needs.
Half day workshop (3 hours)
In this workshop, participants will:
- Develop greater awareness of their personality type and behaviour,
- Learn about their natural strengths and workstyle,
- Identify areas for personal development,
- Learn about personality differences in their team,
- Learn what motivates each personality type in the workplace,
- Learn strategies to communicate and work more effectively with team members.
Full Day Workshop
In addition to the outcomes for the half day workshop, participants will;
- Discover the main causes of stress for each personality type,
- Develop individual strategies to reduce stress,
- Learn how to minimise conflict,
- Identify strengths and weakness for the team,
- Develop an action plan to enhance individual and team effectiveness.
There is a choice of report formats for the MBTI Step I report (93 questions) and more comprehensive MBTI step 11 report (123 questions). Please contact Winney Psychology to discuss the specific reporting requirements for your learning needs.
MBTI® Online Assessment Reports